Instagram Photo Competition – Terms and Conditions
To enter, entrants must take a photo to display one of the following behaviours to protect our waterways:
- Cover it up – Keep dirt, leaves and other garden waste away from stormwater drains and cover them up so they don’t wash away when it rains.
- Keep it clear – Rain water is the only thing that should go down a stormwater drain.
- Reduce your rubbish – Dispose of your litter correctly and swap soft and single-use plastic for re-usable products.
- Wash it wisely – Wash your car and other household equipment on the grass or a designated car wash, which is the right way to prevent cleaning products entering our waterways.
- Leave only paw prints – Pick up pet waste and dispose in a bin to stop bacteria and other bugs from entering our waterways.
- Post your photo on Instagram.
- Caption your post with #LoveYourWaterwaysSydney and the location where the image was taken.
- The competition begins 7:30AM, THURSDAY 1st JULY 2021 and ends 5:30PM, SATURDAY 31st JULY 2021.
- Photos can be taken during the competition period.
- Photos can be submitted using the hashtag above, according to competition rules and specifications.
- All entries must be posted by 5:30PM, SATURDAY 31st JULY 2021 via a publicly visible post on Instagram according to competition rules and terms and conditions.
- No entries posted after this date and time will be included in the competition.
- Winners will be announced by 5:00PM on MONDAY 16th AUGUST 2021, on the Parramatta River Catchment Group, Georges Riverkeeper, Sydney Coastal Councils Group and Cooks River Alliance websites and Facebook and Instagram sites.
- Winners will be contacted by MONDAY 23rd AUGUST 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS set out below:
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
- Competition Promoters are the: Parramatta River Catchment Group, Georges Riverkeeper, Sydney Coastal Councils Group and Cooks River Alliance. All Competition Promoters, their employees and families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, release and indemnify the Parramatta River Catchment Group, Georges Riverkeeper, Sydney Coastal Councils Group and Cooks River Alliance and their partners from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to residents who live in the following local council areas, and can demonstrate by photo the use of the Love Your Waterways behaviours: Bayside Council, Blacktown City Council, Burwood Council, City of Canada Bay, Campbelltown City Council, City of Canterbury Bankstown, Cumberland City Council, Fairfield City Council, Georges River Council, The Hills Shire Council, Hornsby Shire Council, Hunter’s Hill Council, Inner West Council, Liverpool City Council, Northern Beaches Council, North Sydney Council, City of Parramatta, Penrith City Council, Randwick City Council, City of Ryde, Strathfield Council, Sutherland Shire Council, Waverley Council, Willoughby City Council, Woollahra Municipal Council, Wollondilly Shire Council.
- Employees and their families of the following Competition Promoters’ partner organisations are not eligible to enter the competition: Bayside Council, Blacktown City Council, Burwood Council, City of Canada Bay, Campbelltown City Council, City of Canterbury Bankstown, Cumberland City Council, Fairfield City Council, Georges River Council, Hunter’s Hill Council, Inner West Council, Liverpool City Council, NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment, NSW Environment Protection Authority, Northern Beaches Council, North Sydney Council, City of Parramatta, Randwick City Council, City of Ryde, Strathfield Council, Sutherland Shire Council, Sydney Water Corporation, Waverley Council, Willoughby City Council, Woollahra Municipal Council, Wollondilly Shire Council.
- You can enter as many times as you like during the competition period with unique entries.
- The entrant must share a photo demonstrating the use of Love Your Waterways behaviour and provide the location where the photo was taken via a publicly visible post on Instagram with the hashtag #LoveYourWaterwaysSydney.
- All entries will be judged by the Parramatta River Catchment Group, Georges Riverkeeper, Sydney Coastal Councils Group and the Cooks River Alliance. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each entry will be individually judged and will be based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photographs they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- There are 5 prizes to be won (prize pool total value is $500.00): Winners can choose one $100 gift voucher from any of the following: community nursery, bookshop, car wash, pet store, or eco-store.
- The winners will either be sent their prize gift voucher by email or post or asked to collect it from City of Canada Bay Administration Centre, 1A Marlborough Street, Drummoyne NSW 2047.
- The prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive their prize, a runner-up will be selected by the judges.
- If the prize remains unclaimed within two months of the judging date, the Competition Promoters may award the prize to the next best valid entry or entries.
- In the event that there are less than 5 entries received, the Competition Promoters reserve the right to extend the competition period.
- All entrants give permission to the Parramatta River Catchment Group, Georges RiverKeeper, Sydney Coastal Councils and the Cooks River Alliance to use their entry photos. The photos may be used on Competition Promoters’ websites, social media or other online communication as well as in newsletters. On submission, the entrant gives the Competition Promoters irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of your entry in any form and media. The Competition Promoters may, at their discretion, acknowledge the photographer when the photograph is used.
- Entrants and prize winners consent to their name being published by the Competition Promoters or the media.
- The Competition Promoters are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize.
- The Competition Promoters are not responsible if a prize is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without your permission. The Competition Promoters are also not responsible for the availability and provision of services associated with the use of the prize.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Competition Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- If, for any reason, this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Competition Promoters which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Competition Promoters reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Competition Promoters may disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
Download a PDF version of the Instagram Photo Competition – Terms And Conditions