4. Standardise the standards
|Standardise the Standards – Draft Recommendations Paper
The Standardise the Standards – Draft Recommendations Paper (Rev C) is currently open for comment until Friday, 26 June 2020.
To obtain a copy and provide feedback, please email: Philip.Adams@sydneywater.com.
The Parramatta River’s catchment spans 11 local government areas. To create a swimmable river, we need to work together to standardise policies and practices that impact water quality, such as approaches to baseline measurements, installation of rainwater tanks and creation of raingardens.
This project has identified the appropriate policies, planning instruments and sustainable funding mechanisms that will support the goals of the Parramatta River Masterplan.
Establish a whole of catchment land use policy and statutory planning mechanisms.
NSW Department of Planning, Infrastructure & Environment and Sydney Water.
Right now, we are calling for your feedback on our draft recommendations paper. The paper sets out recommended planning reforms to achieve clean, clear water and support and encourage healthy ecosystems in the catchment.
The paper has been developed over several months in collaboration with Council and State Government stakeholders. Specifically, the paper provides recommendations for the following elements of the Local and State planning framework:
- Consistent wording in Local Strategic Planning Statements, Local Environmental Plans and Development Control Plans, across the Parramatta catchment, in support of improved waterway and catchment outcomes.
- The development of a ‘blue-green index’ tool to facilitate easy assessment of new developments to meet water quality, waterway and riparian land objectives.
- The development of a blue-green riparian mapping system to be applied across the catchment, that sets objectives for waterway management.
- Influencing and advocating for reform of state level planning policies including BASIX, infrastructure assessments and State Environmental Planning Policies.
- Strengthening funding of blue green infrastructure.
Standardise the Standards – Draft Recommendations Paper
Final recommendations table
|April – June 2020
|January – March 2020
|October –December 2019
|July – September 2019
|April – June 2019