7. Involve the community
Most stormwater pollution comes from roofs and streets runoff and that is determined by the actions of the community living in the catchment area. Good management of building sites, picking up pet waste and not littering are just three ways communities can help create a swimmable river. Helping people understand this link is key to success.
Undertake joint community education and compliance activities focused on reducing stormwater and source pollution where it is linked to community behaviour and actions.
Parramatta River Catchment Group.
|Get the Site Right
Get the Site Right
- Letters to be sent to council general managers inviting them to participate in the September 2020 campaign.
- Letters and articles to be sent to private certifier associations as well as other building associations.
- River Aware pledge to be launched in April/May 2020 as part of an online campaign.
- Riverkeeper Ambassador training program under development.
- Events cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
|January – March 2020
|October – December 2019
|July – September 2019
|April – June 2019